Sunday, June 13, 2010

Neglect

My poor blog. I feel as though I have been neglecting it (as well as my own self) by not writing in months. I think the reason I haven't been writing is because I feel as though nothing interesting is happening in my life, or because I wish I had more fun things happening.

I think I'm also disappointed in myself, because things haven't exactly been going the way I had planned. Last month I thought that by now I would be in LA working for a certain actress and doing amazingly fun things in my free time, but... that turned out to not be my destiny, even after three interviews and a trial run with her in her office.

So now, I'm like, "Well, shit. What do I do now?"

For several weeks after I found out I was in a total funk. I felt like I was back at square one, and since then I have found it hard to focus on finding a real job. I've been applying, interviewing, and brainstorming. I've also been trying to think about what I really want to do... which I still don't know the answer to. Should I take a job in LA and then look for others? Do I try to go to New York to work with this girl who has kind of promised me a job in Dallas? Should I just take a part-time position at home right now & save some money and figure things out?

Well, I don't know the answer. And right now, I think that may be okay.

But I HAVE decided that I am no longer going to neglect my blog or my intellect because I'm disappointed that I am not doing "exciting, inspiring things" right now. I am going to challenge myself to find something that inspires me every day and to keep growing and learning and moving.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

No comments:

Post a Comment