Monday, February 1, 2010

Out of Print: First and Fifteenth

For my birthday, my mom bought me an out-of-print book of drawings by Steve Powers. It's called first & fifteenth... and after doing a little bit of research, "first & fifteenth" refers to the most lucrative times of the month for a drug dealer... why? Because welfare checks are issued on these dates every month... hmm. Sorry my scanner is covered in stuff, or I would scan some pretty illustrations from the book... maybe I should clean off my desk?

I looked it up on amazon.com, and a new one sells for as much as $104... wow...

I haven't read it yet, but I'm really interested... "pop art short stories" are right up my alley. I love pop art! (Yes, pop art is really art.) And short stories are good because I get easily distracted...

But anyways... I love Steve Powers.
And Steve Powers loves love.
He has a new book coming out with photos from his love letter graffiti series in Philly... I will definitely be buying it as soon as it is humanly possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment