Tuesday, August 11, 2009

No Dogs Allowed

So I have a really cute, amazing, funny dog named Cooper. He's a ten year old Shetland Sheepdog and his favorite activity (besides sleeping and eating) is to go for car rides. He used have all kinds of adventures. We used to go to my grandmother's house on Lake Livingston where he had all kinds of things to see and smell and play in. Well, I guess I wanted to get him out of the house, so we went on an adventure.
He's adorable, right? Well we started up at the post office in Southlake Town Square because I had to take care of some stuff... well, I got him out of the car and put his collar & leash on, and we walk up to the door and guess what. There was a "No Dogs Allowed" sign. Poor Cooper, he was so disappointed because I had to put him back in the car while I went in.

I hoped that this wouldn't set the tone for the rest of our day. When I was done, I took him for a walk around the square where he was petted by little kids and he got to sniff lots of new things. I think he had a lot of fun. At one point he actually peed on the sidewalk. I just had to pray he wouldn't do anything else! Well, he got really tired (he's super out of shape) so we walked back to the car where I tried to pour some water on my tennis racket case for him to drink (I don't think he really understood the whole point).

Then we had to go to the drugstore to pick up some stuff, and we went through the drive through and the lady there gave him a treat! I think he was really happy about that (again, he's a fat kid at heart... so he was super excited). And things just keep getting better and better... we had to go to a place to get my car looked at and Cooper actually got to go inside! (But then he drooled on the floor... and I took him outside).

All night he's been really content. I think I'll take him for a walk tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment