Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Seeing the light through the leaves


"Two roads diverged in a wood and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
-Robert Frost

As my time in California is coming to a close, I'm realizing that a little chapter of my life is closing, and something else is about to start. I've been doing a lot of thinking about my life, and my future, and I've been trying to think about what it is that I'm hoping to find or what I'm trying to do with my life. This Robert Frost poem seems to sum up my life so well.

Not to be overconfident, but I've always had a feeling that I was destined for great things. I know that my path is not the same as so many others. I know that I was born with a heart filled with courage and a zest for life that I don't often find in others. I think I've always made it a priority to follow my dreams, and even though sometimes I don't know what those dreams are, I'm always striving to place myself in a position to be able to secure my future with them.

The picture of the tree above was taken last summer in London. In London, I spent a lot of time in Kensington Gardens reading and watching the summer season take over the park. The trees there were so tall and majestic and strong. I loved laying under them, looking up at the old branches and following their weaved patterns and watching their leaves rustle in the wind. The light from the sun would peek through the leaves and cast a little halo on everything below. It was so beautiful and the whole scene brought me peace.
I guess I was just really impressed by them, too. When you think of everything that a little acorn has to go through to become a big tree, it makes you appreciate the beauty of it as it matures. I guess that's maybe why I love them so much; maybe because I can relate to the story in some way, that someday my adventure will lead to something beautiful.

I hope you're inspired to take the path less traveled on, and that at least once in your life you do something for yourself to follow a dream (no matter how large or how small). Go seek adventure. It's out there waiting for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment